Monday, February 13, 2012

February 13th

Left the Golden State this morning and crossed the Colorado river into Arizona. This is where all the water comes from. One could almost say this is the river that won the West, or at least the Southwest. It is phonominally important in this neck of the woods.


I liked the hues that showed through the lens with the sidehill cuts and fills for interstate I-10 heading to Quartzsite, AZ. Yes, there is such a place.



This was my view of Route #60 East with the mountains in the background. The strangest thing was the smell of the cowpens even in this remote region. But I liked the image of "that ribbon of highway" from the song "This Land is My Land".


 Here's Jeanne's shot of the same road.




After a long hard day riding this sign struck me, especially being from Rhode Island.


To my surprise, I looked up and wondered if I had gone too far.


This is the scene right behind our RV Park in Salome, AZ.


We set up just before sunset.


I think one the attractions of living in Arizona is the beautiful sunsets. The sky just plays with colors until the sun sets every night. It is spectacular. 











No comments:

Post a Comment